Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Genuine Friendship

   Far as I know, it is better to have few true friends than a handful of frenemies. Maybe by now you should have known who your true friends are. And I don't care if they are just the same number as the fingers in my right hand. At least, I have the best and of course, the real ones.


   Just last saturday, I had a movie and lunch date with one of my Bff's. Maan has always been and will always be a woman whom I will look up to forever, as a friend. She's someone I really can rely on in times of my depression. And I am glad that she never gets tired of my numerous stories. It's even better because she remains to be my confidante since junior years. I can tell her anything and everything. She makes sure that I am becoming a better person everyday. Because if I had done something worse, she doesn't tolerate me at all. Instead, she inspires me to do better and to make things in the most beautiful way. She's an angel to me. I can tell her how someone had hurt me so bad and she'd just tell all the right words on me, and just in an instant I am becoming an angel too. Her pieces of advice never failed. I admire her for having so much love for the Lord. And with that, I am delighted that she and I are real good friends.

   Of course, through the good times of my life too, she is invariably around. I remember when we were telling stories about the future. Like she will be my wedding singer, and she bursted out in laughter telling me, “Ok, but have you found the groom?”. That made my day and I told her, “It's harder to find all the wedding gowns, venue, church, singer than to find a good groom!”. It was those funny moments that I told myself that this friend of mine will be one of the biggest persons in my life.

   We seldom go out and if we do, we make it a point that all the overdue stories in our life will be tackled. And we always have the time to call and text each other. Even if we can't make it to date out, we will still have the communication so we won't get lost.

   Oh yeah, I have lots of friends. But since I realized, that not all people will really care about me. So I might as well keep all the good ones and still be nice to others who are not. I can count on true friends, whenever, wherever and whatever it may take. I won't name names who they are, they know for themselves who they are. They may be less than 10, but it's safer. Genuine friendship lasts long more that you expect it. I'll look back on this writing of mine in few years time, and again, I tell you, those few true friends that I am talking about are the same true friends I'll cling on.

No comments:

Post a Comment