Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Quidnunc

   Busy, busy, busy. How I love to be such. I was on leave the other day because I had to suffice the necessary papers on my fast approaching gamble/adventure/risk/leisure to another place on earth. And others would only think that I was on lazy leave. Oh for heavens sake, I've never thought of malingering since I started to get a job. If I get to have a leave, it's because I wanted to utilize the leaves I am entitled to. Mind you, I've accumulated even the last year's leaves I didn't use, so you see, I have a lot more. But I don't get to enjoy the privilege because whenever I come back for work from a "vacation" leave, I end up being rattled and stressed more. So instead of taking the leave, I'll just wait for a long weekend. It is also a big favor to my reliever if I absent myself, because she has deadlines to meet up too. That is why, I'll still choose to wake up and go to work and learn more and more.    Going back to the unscheduled leave I had, that day was really dead tiring. I won't have to elucidate more on what & how it happened but after all that I have accomplished, I felt really pleased with myself. At last, my legal papers are good and I'm finally set.
   When I came home, I felt hunger and that deprivation of lavishly sound sleep. So after my 50 minute bathe, I rushed to eat and freshen up again and there, I fell asleep at 2pm-ish. But I woke up after 20 minutes, so I believe it was just forty winks at that. And I stared at the ceiling telling myself that I should stand up and be more productive for the day. When I actually had the entire morning running around for errands. Okay, so I stood up, got the broom and swept the floor until I see no more dust. And since it's still a sunny day, I sweat a lot and felt good. Cause for me, if I had physical tasks done for the day, I'd feel that I was really a hardworker (oh, beat that?). It's not that it's good for the body to make me stay fit but it's just a different feeling for me. So from exerting all my full effort to tidy up the room, I got knackered. Then again, fell asleep for an hour.
   Yes, I felt the energy again. But why then would I feel that sleeping in the afternoon is a guilty pleasure? I wanted to do more, go to other places and explore. It was as if there's no tomorrow for me. It's as though I am shooting for a Centrum MultiVitamin commercial that I wanted to be complete? I wanted to be more. I don't want to stay idle for a long time or else my brain gets rusty and my body will be frozen as ice.And so all I have to do is do a little of this and a little of that. Because if you add a little to a little it becomes more, right?
   Okay, so you wanna know what do I wanted to be? (just like for Centrum's commercial). There are a lot of jobs I wanted to have. I wish I could at least be each of these everyday ;p
   These comes in no particular order.
   I wanted to be part of a dance group. I get so giddy whenever I watch G-force perform. So yeah, being a dance enthusiast since I was a little kid, I love the moves of this group even if it's just a single-single, double-double. There's just something on the way they move that I really carefully gaze at (I auditoned twice but didn't get through;p). Count me in as a ballet teacher too. Don't you just love the Tendu step, Ronde de Jambe and the Degage steps in ballet dancing? As though they have no weight at all and like flying goddesses at the theatre. And even the Swan positon, how terrific. Plus the hair bun and tip toes, tutu skirts and bodices. This is so sexy yet classical. I wanted to be a Miss Saigon, oh please, do not appeal. Or portrait a role in stage play of Les Miserables. If I could have the chance to supercede Miss Lea Salonga, well I would. But hell yeah, I couldn't even try to hit the right notes & pitch of On My Own - pretending he's beside me... Enough of the entertainment. Next, I want to be a flight attendant. From Manila to Paris, or from Malaysia to New York, all for free. Doze off on different luxurious hotels during layovers, again for free. This is just a stunning job every girl wants to have. But you have to be a friend of insomnia, jetlags, coping up on different timezones etc etc. So, shall I pursue or not? Let's wait and see. I wanted to be a doctor. an Obstetrician-Gynecologist or Pediatrician (just like my Grandma and Aunt). It's so nice to see the white blazer or whatever that is. It even makes your name a little longer because of the title, like this Clarence Tracy L. Castañeda, Md or another. I want to be a corporate lawyer, maybe it sounds better if it's this way, Atty. Clarence Tracy L. Castañeda. Gosh, it's so nice. And then you can drive around the city with your plate number as Judge, so even if it's your coding day, you can stroll. I want to be an engineer. I am not so sure on what it is called but the one who is the mastermind of all the building infrastructures, I wanna be like that. And how cool is that, a lady up in the unfinished building. I want to be a pre-school teacher. Toddler years are the most crucial years for a child's development, so I want to partake on the child's learning. And kids are sweet even if they are playful and naughty. I want to be chef. Cooking all the sumptuous lunch and dinner for a 6-star resto. I want to be a CEO of a commercial bank. I want to be an ambassador. I want to travel the world! I want to be a mother of twins, a boy and a girl. So cute, with all those kisses and hugs from babies. I want to be a photographer. Capturing moments in the most professional way. I want to put up a charity, I want to protect battered women. Hmm. so there. I wanna be more.
   Whenever I am home I see to it that I do a little of the chores. Sweep the floor, srcrub the comfort room's tiles, wash my clothes, hang and dry them, fold them after. A lot like a domesticated woman can do. I love it when I do the cleaning. I love how it makes me busy.
   So little time so much that I wanted to do, so much that I wanted to be. Dreams are good. Perhaps, I don't want boredom. Or if I am bored I get to think of these dreams and eventually make them real. And I believe that there is always a room of improvement. I will never opt for the bum life. Because if I work, I earn. And the money I have is hard earned money. And I'd live a life full of honor and dignity. So now, I'd love to be called miss independent because of such busyness.

No comments:

Post a Comment