Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's 38 Degrees and Rising

   I love summertime but summer of 2010 has given out so much heat. Agree? Even on the first weeks of March, you already felt the stinging pain of sunburn when you go out at 9am. This isn't normal as the years before. So, why am I so concern about the annoying heat nowadays? Personally, I sleep in a room without an aircondition (since I am just boarding), and really, I would sweat out to think that I only wear a tank top and short shorts. And at the middle of the night, I wake up with sore throat because I am thirsty. It has alarmed me, that I don't get to sleep soundly because of such weather. And one morning I invited my mom to go jogging with me. I woke up at 5:30 am, thinking it's still dark outside and I'd get to see the sunrise, but you know what? The sun's up and it is already like mid-day .I also have seen in the news that some people are attacked by the heat wave. Like the politician who was on his campaign and he perspired excessively to the point that he already collapsed, and that's it. The heat ended his life (rest in peace, sir). Other commuters, who try to fit in with a lot of passengers inside a bus or the train would just suddenly faint. I pity those events. The farmers out there who supply us with rice, crops and other plantations, have been fervently praying for rain. Everything has dried up. The water dams could only provide the water systems on a due time. Electricity bills gone higher since this heat occurred. And I believe it doesn't just happen here in our country. My relatives from UAE had told me that when they go out of the flat, they burn, migraine assails them, which is really different from long time ago(climate in UAE are extremes) Meaning, it really has a climate change everywhere! I also have spoken with my Aunt in New York, and they had been going out for a swimming because it's too hot.


   If you remember, just half a year ago, two strong typhoons hit the Philippines and it has destroyed so much of what we own. People lost their homes, businesses and properties. Others have gone so sick. La Niña and El Niño are not normal. It has been said in some reports that when this heat ends, heavy rains would happen. I myself am threatened about what's happening today. It might get worst when I already have grandchildren. And I don't want them to experience that. This isn't even healthy. I'm way too sure that it will cause sickness.

  As early as today, yes at this very moment, you can have a fair share of taking care of Mother Earth ( if you have been my schoolmate during elementary and high school, you'd remember that care for mother earth is the last goal of vmg).And you may want to preserve your health too. Here are few ways to stay healthy and little ways to do something about it.



Drink plenty of water. More than 8 glasses are much needed.

Put sunblock when going out. Or do not go out between 10am to 4pm ( you don't like skin cancer, do you?) But I guess, I already feel the heat at 6am and it lasts until 6pm. See?

Save energy. How? By simply unplugging unused appliances, turning off the lights when not in use, not soaking up in front of your pc or television.

Throw garbages on it's right trash, not just anywhere you like to. If you do, you'll regret it when typhoon arrives. Segregate. You were taught to do this since 1st grade

Use eco-friendly materials, organic and biodegradable.

Recycle. Reuse. Never burn plastics. The ozone layer will loathe you for that.

Plant trees ( and I'm not relating about your farmtown or farmville) Your great grand children will thank you for that.



   You know little things like this won't offend you, it's even a bigger help. It'll make a big difference, you'll see. We only live in this so called earth, it's not ours, it was just lent by the Almighty, so be reminded that we are stewards of His creation. We're here to preserve it's beauty. So, when is the best time for an ordinary person to do this? Of course, right now. I myself am confessing that I am an advocate for a greener earth. So, please, make a move to promote a greener environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment