Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Goodbyes: meant to have a better life or simple moving forward.

   Oh, I am not talking about a relationship that had just broken up for the last weeks. I haven't been in a relationship for almost 2 years, and I love it! I am saying goodbye to my current work and to the beloved home country I have grown up for 25 years. Yes, I am talking about a gamble in working abroad. It's about time to be independent. I want to earn bigger compensation that would enable me to support my family's need. Not that we're poor. But I am still aiming for a higher standard in life. And the consequence here is that you'll get to be a friend of loneliness, of missing your family and friends. Though I would be living in a place where there a lot of fellow Filipinos and that I am luckier because I'd live with my relatives.

   Just the other day, I had a confirmation that sooner I'd leave. It hadn't struck me yet but when I thought of leaving mom and dad, it hurt you know. But I have to do this. It's so hard when you don't want to leave but you'd do that for them. Weird really. It's emotional, it's tougher when the date gets nearer. Surely, this is a blessing. An opportunity that will change my life forever. I have no idea what job would I be landing when I get there. All I have with me, is a strong force, which is a constant prayer. Lord, please. I know, You want the best for me. Though I had been praying for such job that I have been dreaming since I was five. If He grants it, better. If not, I'm still thankful.

    What would happen if I'll stay here? Would I get to have what I want? In five years time, would I have a US Visa? Or had I already travelled in Europe by then? You'd think this may be an illusion, but hey, it's my dream. Don't laugh about it. I don't really know. But they say, opportunity comes once so you might as well grab it. All I want to do is to have investments, to help out in the church, to at least travel, to have business and leisure. Not bad right? I'm dreaming. So, as far as i know, i will achieve them. The sooner, the better. I promise myself to be more persevering and hard working. Plus, save enough money for future.

   I pray to God that the economy gets better here in the Philippines. Just so you know, I'm leaving the first week of August. You read it right, I won't celebrate my 25th birthday here. I hope to have pancit there.

No comments:

Post a Comment