Thursday, May 5, 2011

Due Date

  5th of May 2011, marked my 9th month in UAE.It's hilarious that I had it compared with the due date of a pregnant woman. Whoah, finally, I've subjugated those dark hours of loneliness. I'm completely (or nearly) exuding glow in my face. But I still miss home, every single day.
   Month of May, when flores de mayo is celebrated. Flowers remind me of mom. She always has seeds that are watered and nurtured. They sprout over time for maturity. Voila! She has lovely flowers. We have a lovely garden. Therefore, I in happy to see these blessings. What a joy on this crucial earth to live at my home! It is also the month when we celebrate mother's day. My mom's just one of the greatest. Am sure, your mom too. I never want to see her bruise again. She doesn't deserve that.
    My memory is so vivid when I screamed back at her. Saying I don't care. She was even sick at that time. Oh God, please forgive me. Cut my tongue and slap me hard on both cheeks. That replays on my mind every mother's day, or almost every day of my life. It still is painful for me. Much more painful that a lover's heartbreak.
    Ma, I am so sorry. But I promise that I will be the sweetest daughter you've ever known (of course, Kim's sweet as well). I can't wait to go back home. I love you so much.
    Happy mother's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment