Monday, November 8, 2010

The Old Youth Excuse

  You were trying to sneak out of the house on your teenage years to attend house parties. And when you come home late, you even shout back to your mom saying you wanted to explore and just have some fun. Yeah, you had some fun. But with a little foolishness, I guess.
   I'm at my quarter life, they say, but feels younger. Not irresponsible, immature, stubborn career oriented lady. One day, I spoke with a guy having regrets in his childhood. That he wasted time on alcohol, friends & women, that he was a college drop-out transferring from one university to another, even so, his parents could afford the most expensive school then but he didn't value his parents' presence and that he simply was a trasher. I asked him why he was able to do those things, he answered me, ".because I was young, carefree, I wanted to enjoy my life." I said he was too unappreciative of what he had. He could have been a degree holder by now. Yet he told me too that he's a different person now. Perhaps, he’s a better person.
   Well for me, you can enjoy your life while being serious in studies. Most successful people sacrifice a lot. Like shedding a lot of their golden time working so hard to accomplish their goals.
Now, I wonder if I had done something so good that for some other people find it really inspiring. And if I can just go back to my teenage years, I swear, I would be better (but I was good enough).

No comments:

Post a Comment